Parks Week is an annual celebration of the important role our parks play in contributing to the health of our communities.
Held in the first week of March each year, Parks Week programs and activities take place across Australia and New Zealand. Over 200 events promote greater community awareness and appreciation of parks and the natural environment, as well as contributing to health, cultural acceptance and community wellbeing.
During Parks Week we aim to:
- Highlight and celebrate the important role parks play - across people, communities, and the natural environment
- Encourage greater use of parks
- Celebrate the contribution that volunteers make to parks
- Promote the healthy parks, healthy people message
- Promote park management agencies and the work they do
People and Parks Foundation encourage our partners and their members and communities to enjoy and celebrate parks not only during Parks Week, but all year round.